Funny little thing?


Yesterday I was having a minor melt down.  For me it was major but today when I classified it as a major meltdown one of my classmates said, "Honey, if that's all you got, you can't be serious.  You don' wanna even be near when I have a meltdown!" 

It started with not having adequate sleep for 3 days.  Stress was, of course, the issue.  I was stressed about school and a project I am working on and am stressed about my living arrangement.  Weird dreams came into play.  I dreamt I was in a high school and going to graduate school at the same time because I had forgotten to quite my job.  There was a guest appearance by a grad student from Denmark whom I am friends with. He came into my room and told me off and I had to send him to the principal.  And on and on it went.  Each time I woke up I thought "this is so weird, damn it!" and proceeded to fall right back into the dream.

Morning.  Tired.  I have been having an issue with the noise at my house and the cleanliness.  I woke up to my host mom yelling at the 3 year old to stop crying.  REPEATEDLY yelling at a 3 year old to stop crying.  Do you see the logic in this?  Can you imagine how the noise never stops?  When I arrived in the kitchen to have breakfast, my fruit plate was sitting next to a knife covered in peanut butter and ..... ants.  Hundreds of ants.  Also in close proximity was a bag of rotting pejivalle fruit and molded bread.  I commented to my host mom about the ants and cleaned them up.  I then said, "Oh!  Look at this rotting fruit and bread!" And took them outside to the trash.  As I ate my breakfast, Nora (host mom) proceeded to pack my lunch - last nights sea-food soup that had spent the night out on the stove.  I told her I didn't want to eat that again and I would buy lunch.  This is not the fist time I have pointed out food covered in ants and rotting food to Nora.  I have been cleaning the kitchen daily to no avail.  You cannot leave food out here!  But she does.  Last weekend I got sick.  Surprise!  I have a stomach ailment.  

So, the meltdown was brought on by being tired and having to find a new residence.  I'll be moving in November.  To where?  I'm not sure but I must for my sanity!  I had downloaded the reading for the next days class.  140 pages!  During class the professor asked if anyone had questions about the course.  I said, "Last night I downloaded tomorrows readings and one document was 40 pages and the other 100."  Victor replied, "Yes."  And I said, "Is that correct?"  And the entire class burst out laughing.  OK.  I haven't perfected being a graduate student.  Luckily, to save me from disgrace, several students came up to me after class thankful that I had asked because they hadn't seen the reading yet.  They said that they would have asked the same thing!

Change in Educational Systems readings for 2 weeks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homework Centers – A Communal Solution Supporting Student Success

International Day of Peace

North America Night!